Geograph British Isles :: Data Dumps
Links | Geograph Hub | Facets |
Torrents | Geograph API |
Contact Us |
You are free:
to Share - to copy, distribute and transmit the work
- to adapt the work
under the following conditions:
Attribution - You must attribute the work in
the manner specified by the author or licensor
Share Alike - If you alter, transform, or build upon this
work, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same or similar license to this one.
All the following files are created via the mysqldump command, so should import easily into a 5.0+ mysql database.
Links to actual downloads are at the bottom of the page. Don't forget to tell us what you create with the data!
Our 'gridimage' table is split into many tables in this dump, as everybody possibly don't need all the fields. They can always be
combined back into one big table if required!
- Note: Some of these tables are BIG, remember we have over 1.5 million images as of Oct 2009
- All the gridimage* tables contain a gridimage_id column which is the unique photo id on geograph.org.uk and can be used to join to the gridimage_base table (make sure you have indexes!).
Explanation of the columns in the gridimage tables
- Main Table with all active images (includes photographer credit, 4fig grid reference, and internal and wgs84
coordinates) - this table is probably enough for many uses!
Sample extract for SH myriad is available (1.5Mb) - you will
also need the schema before importing.
- The Geograph 'Land Map' includes breakdown by square statistics.
- Table of contributors - including full name and nickname (does NOT contain email or password etc!)
- Adds extra geograph specific colums, such as date submitted and sequence in grid square
- Geographic coordinates in easting/northing for photographer/subject location
- The long description and category for each image
- Tags users add to image (gridimage_tag is the relation table, tag contains the actual textual tags)
- 'Shared Descriptions' attached to many images (gridimage_snippet is the relation table, snippet contains the actual textual data)
- Extracted Textual terms from the description - via the Yahoo Term Extraction API. Note "ORDER BY gridimage_term_id" gives order in
original description. Example page created with this data
- Automated 'cluster' labels assigned to each image - powered by Carrot2 clustering engine. Example page created with this data, Another example
- Pixel dimensions of the full size image
- Number of views received to the main photo page for each image.
- Adds baseline indexes to many of the above tables (the are actully derived tables so indexes arent
automatically created) - NOTE you will still probably need to create indexes to suit the types of queries you will be running
against the data
also available on request
- table of email hashes (useful to be able to show the contributors gravatar image)
- information on computing the url of a image on geographs server (so can display thumbnails!)
- Please don't hotlink the images directly on geograph.org.uk servers without permission -
please use the torrents to get access to image data
Included mostly as examples of the types of things that can be calculated from the above data
- The list of the 100x100km myriad squares
- Aggregated statistics for users (useful for leaderboards)
- Aggregated number of images by category
- Aggregated statistics by 10x10km hectad square
- List of completed hectad squares
- Breakdown used for creating the KML Superlayer -included only because it is an example hierarchy for images
URL formats - so can link to the page on geograph
If you would like to host a mirror of this data - please let us know!
|-for reference only|
|Aggregated number of images by category|
|The GeoTrips database|
|Base table of all geograph images|
|Base table for 10000 latest images|
|Geograph website specific columns|
|Easting/Northings data for each image|
|Images grouped by Cluster label|
|Breakdown used for creating the KML Superlayer|
|Hit numbers on photo page|
|Uses of images in the Forum|
|Pixel size for full size images|
|Extracted Terms from each image description|
|A list of the 100x100km myriad squares|
|The Geograph landmap|
|List of completed hectads|
|Aggregated statistics for hectads|
|Index definitions - HIGHLY recommended|
|Table of Contributors|
|Aggregated statistics for users|
Data available from http://data.geograph.org.uk/dumps/
Copyright 2012 Geograph Project.
and released under this Creative Commons Licence:
The individual photos that are used to build this dataset are Copyright the respective Licensors, see the full list of contributors here:
If reproducing this work, you must acknowledge the original author.